#Dengkil Perform

Yes, the book is here! I can't believe it!

So, um..hello I guess. XD

I finished my foundation studies a month ago and my results would be out by this Friday. I studied my foundation studies at UiTM Dengkil and it was a small campus that only had foundation students. So, for me, it felt safe because there were no seniors around. AND I'm not saying that seniors are bad. The small campus and the small student body made me felt like some part of Dengkil was like a high school. 

Anyway, the book that my club, the Creative Writing club, was shown up at my doorstep today! And it made me feel nostalgic to see and read the poems, the prose and the paintings that remind me of my time in Dengkil.

Dengkil had been one of my significant time in my life and one of the reasons was because I never stay far away from home before even though Dengkil was a small town located like 40 minutes away from my home. I mean some kids practically grow up at boarding schools (Malaysia had tons of boarding schools). Dengkil had been my first one.

I had made new friends and their hearts were beautiful. They were kind and led me closer to Allah.
Did I mention I was a Muslim? Anyway, most of the friends that I had met there were my housemates. I wasn't too close to any of my classmates. A bit of a sad fact but I'm an introvert and it was hard for me to make new friends.

Honestly, I cried more during my time here than during my *SPM years. Probably because I was so wimpy about it. XD

What I really liked about this book was that one of my writings were in it! And I was so happy because I never publish anything before XD. Call me crazy but I was enthusiastic! And I really like what other Dengkil-ians wrote and drew too. All of them remind me of Dengkil.

I want to give a shout-out to one of the poems in the book because it was literally creative. It used Malaysian poetry with a mix of English too. It was called Hidup Trinity Berfantasi by Air_Fiq L15. The poem had a meaningful message about life and how we as a human acted upon life. I love how the writer wrote it and I would have share it here but I can't.

Maybe you need to buy the book.

The book was all thanks to Sir Chali, of course, our adviser for the Creative Writing Club. He did it all for us young creative writers in the campus. He had opened a chance for us to let out our feelings and wrote them in words. I admired his strength and his determination to make this book come to life.

 THANK YOU SIR CHALI!

  And I want to leave one quote from the book before I go,
Emotions on papers make great masterpieces, Emotions bottled up in the mind cause massive destruction - Nick Adly 
And some pictures too if you guys don't mind.

The book

A view of the campus from my room

After exams picturesque 

Sun setting at Anjung(the cafeteria)

#LangitDengkil (skies in Dengkil)

A view of the girls quarters


Anyway, wish me luck for my results! >-<
And good luck to you too! May you live your life in happiness and for Muslims, in His blessings.

Swiftly Estel-ing

*For those who don't know, SPM literally means Malaysian Certificate of Education or Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia)

Comments