Kluster Zerowaste: Had it not exist, I will never be who I am today

A long time ago I wished I be a part of something.
I used to envy the people that joined clubs and student bodies. They had this tight knit of family even when their family is far away or just right around the corner. I wanted to be a part of something, I wanted to belong somewhere.

And I got it. My wish came true.

I am a part of something that changed me to be a better person. I was more confident, more sociable, braver. I became a leader and at the same time, a follower. I have found a friend, a best friend among them. I have found lessons and experiences, sweet and bitter.

This what makes my life as colorful as it can be. Even if I was tired from the work, even if I was betrayed by one of them, I was a part of them and they are a part of me.

Welcome into my life Kluster Zerowaste, Kampus Sejahtera. Your memories will be kept and cherish as long as I still have the memory, as long as I still alive.

It started with an interview. I was awkward but I had the guts. I just knew that I need to join something and for once, this club had been calling me since its first name was mention in orientation week. Personally, I was just at awe with its ketua kluster. He was the introvert as I am, but he did it. He was leading something that even I couldn't fathom myself to lead.

I got in. They accepted me even though my zero ideas would have them put me off as soon as possible. The first meeting was awkward and quiet. We didn't know one another but some looked like they had known each other for years. Our first job was to send letters to each of the school office asking them to join up for an e-waste collection competition.

At the same time, we were getting ready to open up our booth for new people joining in the kluster. It was my first time taking care of a booth. My first time promoting our kluster even though I know absolutely nothing.

Our first event was Hari Interaksi. This was my first time becoming an AJK and I opt for AJK TDF because I thought it was the easiest thing that I can manage. Turns out, I ended up crying at the masjid with a new friend/classmate/not-coursemate by my side. It was this time that I learned the importance of taking action upon something. It was this time that I learned the importance of making sure things are right. It was this time that I learned that even the strongest of us had their own breaking point.

Talk series. I had four of them. Three of them was in first semester. The fourth was in my second semester and the last one for this year. Each had their own stories and their own lessons that I had learned. Just so you know, this is where I honed my leadership skills and this also the time where I learned how much I have depended my ketua for everything. Handling people and finding people was the factor that stresses me out much of these Talk Series. In the end, I wanted to make good and beneficial out of this but I didn't achieve that this year.

Oh well, I will make sure the table turns next year.

Don't forget about Karnival Belia Sejahtera, KBS. Damn, that program was something. I had never handle something so big and I never thought I was ready for it. But, I did it. Truth to be told, without this event, my friendship with Qadijah will never be forge deeper. Without this event, I would have never been betrayed by that hell of a guy. 24th March. The date I will always remember. The panic, the sleepless nights, the stresses and the fact that when you feel like you absolutely have no support from your closest friends and family is damn hell of a fire.

I was glad, Alhamdulillah, that it finally come to a close. But, I know this is not the end for me.

Next year, there will be a reform. There will be change. With Qadijah and I at the helm.

We will rock KS to the ground, baby!

I will prove to myself, that I, the timid, introvert girl, is more than meets the eye.

May Allah help me.

Swiftly Estel-ing

Comments